28 May 2012 14:14
Notice of a forthcoming Disciplinary Panel hearing (Grit Birch)
Registered stable employee Grit Birch has been informed she will be required to attend a Disciplinary Panel hearing on 14th June 2012 to consider possible breaches of the Rules of Racing, as follows:
1. Is Grit Birch in breach of Rule (A)30.3.1 in that she associated with Mr Khalil Burke, a disqualified person in connection with horseracing in Great Britain, during the period 8th December 2010 to 4th March 2011 when she was a registered stable employee?
2. Is Grit Birch in breach of Rule (A)31.2 in that she deliberately misled Investigating Officers of the Authority when she denied knowing Khalil Burke in August 2010 and repeated this denial in correspondence to the Authority until 12th January 2011?
Notes to Editors:
1. Please note that it is BHA policy not to comment on ongoing investigations or pending a Disciplinary Panel hearing.
2. The yard at which Grit Birch is a registered stable employee is Higher Lowton Farm, Bondleigh, Devon. The yard is owned by Phlorian Racing Limited, the sole director of which is Grit Birch. However, it is in her capacity as a registered stable employee in which the proposed breaches of the Rules are being investigated.
3. Details of Rules and guideline penalties for the offences in question are as follows:
Rule (A) 30.3.1
Entry Point: £1,000 fine or Suspend/Withdraw/Disqualify 2 months
Range: £500 - £2,500 fine or Suspend/Withdraw/Disqualify 1 month - 1 year
Rule (A) 31.2
Entry Point: £2,000 fine or Suspend/Withdraw/Disqualify 3 months
Range: £1,000 - £5,000 fine or Suspend/Withdraw/Disqualify 1 month - 3 years
For more information contact: